We Need You!
First things first! We are by far the smallest Chapter in Region 15, which includes Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, and Thailand. All the Chapters in this region have higher certification holders and a lot more members than we do. This may imply a few things:
- We are not doing enough to encourage your participation.
- You do not see any value in joining the Chapter and participating in the activities.
- Your organization does not recognize the value of obtaining a project management certification and is not concerned with introducing the PMI or any project management methodology into its business structure.
Our Chapter is working strenuously to add more value to our Project Management members and community. We have assisted in placing many project managers in suitable jobs. We have also offered a few training seminars for a few universities in Thailand including Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) and King Mongkut University of Technology (KMUTT). And the truth is none of that would have been possible without our dedicated volunteers.
It’s amazing how much you can accomplish when it doesn’t matter who gets the credit – Unknown.
– The PMI BKK Team
You do not need to be a Chapter board member or a regular attendee of our events to volunteer your time and effort. If you do not see any value in doing so, we strongly feel otherwise. A good project manager is one that socializes and networks, which henceforth expands their business horizon. It’s only through networking and volunteering that you are able to meet key personnel that may as well be instrumental in your next job opportunity.
What can you do to help?
You can first start by joining our Chapter and participating in our events. You may also encourage your colleagues to join. We also have many needs: from content contribution to our quarterly newsletters, to assisting in planning and managing a ‘Job Fair’ project, to planning and managing the next training activity, and many others.
Following are some of our planned activities for this year – if you think you can contribute, please fill the form below or contact us!
- Job Fair
- PMP Exam Preparation Training
- Business/Field Trip to visit a major construction (or related) projects in Thailand
- Project Management Workshop
- Other activities